Currently, for our Client, leading automotive manufacturer, we are looking for Candidates for the position of Purchasing Specialist, Ref no.: PS/07/18/T, Location: Toruń
- Manage Bill of Material cost for a project or set of parts within a project; develop cost-saving methods and opportunities in order to promote overall business unit productivity and supplier competitiveness for defined program (i.e. through VA/VE methods, quoting, independent negotiations, etc.).
- Preparation and support to the business for contract and sourcing negotiations / decisions.
- Analyze the global supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added / removed from the approved supplier list as well as nominate suppliers for the Approved Suppliers List.
- Perform market research and monitor changes/trends for purposes of benchmarking and cost controlling.
- Manage supply base both in regards to internal and intra-company initiatives, i.e. cost, quality, and delivery.
- Investigate optimal suppliers for materials / parts in a timely manner through the effective use of industry techniques, procedures, and planning methods, while complying with the company policy.
- Conduct supplier audits in order to assess suppliers’ adherence to company requirements and to identify and drive improvements in the QCD triangle.
- Create part numbers in the ERP system, place purchase orders for the tooling, development of the project (design, prototyping, etc) and parts until the parts are PPAP approved.
- Transfer to Procurement team all the sourcing pack after parts are PPAP approved
- Track costs and statuses of negotiations, while and maintaining agreements with suppliers.
- Work closely with the Quality and Finance teams in order to mitigate invoicing issues and collect the costs deriving from suppliers delivering non-quality costs / services.
- Explore methods/materials for total cost management and cost structure analysis.
- Update tracking tools according to industry best practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs in order to promote team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all group directives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To understand and work within the business quality system IATF 16949.
- To understand and work within the business environmental system ISO14001.
- To identify improved systems of work, through the continuous improvement system.
- To identify opportunities to reduce “waste” and where applicable work towards achieving improvements.
- To work within the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
- To identify their own particular needs that contributes to their own future development.
- To convene, run and/or attend meetings as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics or related field.
- 3+ years of advanced experience in an automotive professional purchasing capacity (i.e. technical /commodity purchasing, project purchasing etc.).
- Experience with supplier analysis and evaluation (i.e. quality, capacity, cost, etc.).
- Experience with supplier bidding process and complex negotiations.
- Experience with APQP and / or project management tools and methods.
- Deep knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications.
- Deep knowledge of cost improvement / containment topics and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.).
- Superior analytical abilities with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management.
- Solid organizational and time/project management skills.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally – valid driver’s license is needed.
- Employment within an international environment with development possibilities.
- Flat organizational structure.
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes.
Please contact our consultant to obtain more details about this job offer!
Your consultant is: Olga Kamińska
Phone number: +48 500 035 642
Please send your CV by clicking on the application button.
We kindly inform that only chosen candidates will be contacted.